Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I've Got a New Place!!! (10 days and counting. . .)

Today, even though the sleep deprivation is hitting me hard, I am very happy. I say that because I put a deposit down on a room yesterday. And I really think that this is going to be A LOT better than where I am living now. If you've read my blog, then you know of the saga of the hellions upstairs. For the past 2.5 weeks, they have taken to waking up between 6:30 and 7:00 and making an unholy ruckus. Yesterday, they started at 6:15AM!! Never before have I wanted to kill children. There has been the desire to kill a few adults in my life, which has never been acted upon so far as you know, but never children. Until now.

So I answered an ad on Craigslist on Monday for a basement room in Queens. The room was HUGE and had an attached half bathroom, it's own entrance and a bar. (Yeah, baby! That's what I'm talking about!) I go visit the place, and meet Juan (not his real name). He likes me, I like him. He asks me to come back on Tuesday so I can meet his girlfriend, Juanita, who also lives there. (Juanita isn't her real name either. They're Hungarian, not Hispanic. However, their names are derivatives of each other. It would be like a Paul dating a Paula.) She's cool and so it's a go!

What is great about this situation is that Juan works in construction, so is gone for most of the week. And Juanita is a bartender who works from 5PM to 3AM. So it will be quiet!! When I'm home. No one will be there so I can practice and sing to my hearts delight. And when I am at work, Juanita is sleeping. How perfect is that!

And the room is HUGE!! It's almost the entire basement. It's HUGE!! It will be like I have my own studio apartment. Didn't I mention that it is HUGE!!!

Ok, I'll start moving some small stuff in next week, and fully move in on the 26th. That's just 10 days away! (I say 10 days because today is almost over.) All I have to do now is to hold myself back from killing the hellions between now and then.

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
Has Mommy given you, your gift from me yet?
-Kelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home