Friday, January 20, 2006

Highlights of 2005

This is by no means a complete list. I am sure there is lots more I can write about. A continuation may appear in the near future. So without any further ado, and in no particular order here are some of the highlights of my 2005.

-Reconciling with my father. Which reminds me, I need to give him a call.

-Breaking up with my ex-girlfriend AND getting to the point of being really good friends.

-Paying off one of my credit cards.

-Easter Weekend

-Playing B.B. Kings with Excuse Me, both times. (Read about it here and here.)

-Reconnecting with so many friends and making new ones.

-Reconciling with a cousin with whom I had a huge fight.

-Sharing my darkest secret with someone and letting down my walls.

-Seeing Spamalot, Queensryche play Operation Mindcrime in it’s entirety, Dream Theater again at Jones Beach Theater during the summer, Butch Walker three times at various venues.

-Reading Harry Potter, Book 6, Seeing the movies Serenity in the theater with Chris, 40 Year Old Virgin with J4UNC & KRSONE.

-Playing with Lil’ Steve, whom I miss very much.

-Making Rice and Beans at Xmas and getting my Grandma’s stamp of approval. (It’s her recipe.)

-Seeing Soulpatch, an awesome cover band, over my birthday weekend with Katie, and Tesser and singing loudly along to “I Want You to Want Me.”

-Going on vacation to the Outer Banks of North Carolina with a good friend and her family during the summer.

-Kelly coming home.

-Getting close to having a “six pack” stomach”, which I swear I will have this year!!

-Finally kissing a girl I have loved for many years. Perhaps the best kiss of my life. The fact it is simultaneously one of the worst kisses I have had makes the memory bittersweet. I guess it just adds fodder for some great songwriting.

-Remembering what it’s like to be happy for no particular reason.

-Settling into a new apartment situation in June.

-Writing and posting this blog. Keeping a record of the journey makes it easier to remember how far I have come when the times are tough and I feel like I am getting nowhere.

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Madame D said...

Dude, you paid off a credit card! Rock on!
And way to go on that six pack!
Okay, yeah, there were other things. But you know I'm all about the money and hotness.
(yeah, right!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home