Friday, January 13, 2006

Lessons Learned in 2005

These little tidbits of life are in no particular order. It probably isn't a complete list. It's what been germinating in my head the past few weeks as I have travelled to work either by car or by subway. I will say that it is easier to jot them down in my journal when I am on the subway. Some were learned painfully, others by either "a-ha" moments or quiet contemplation. So with out further ado. . . .

- You can make friends anywhere. ( Canada, Florida, Maine, Canada again )

- I'm cool with being a geek, and in a perfect world the geek gets the girl.

- Excessive debt is not good.

- Spreading myself to thin is not good for my health.

- I appreciate the diversity of NYC more and more.

- "Unrequited love is never romantic." (don't remember where the quote comes from. But I will cite it when I find it.

- I should accept adortation of my looks from whomever, be they midgets or grandmas.

- Butch Walker rocks!

- Life really is all about the choices we make. Likewise, love is really all about the choices we make.

- "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." -Wayne Dyer

- Whether you operate with the system of "You'll see it when you believe it!" or "I'll believe it when I see it!", at some point you have to step from cynicism to belief if you are to see any change in your life.

- When it's 10 degrees F outside, (-12.2228 degrees C for my Canadian friends), it is wise to wear thermal underpants.

- Pain will come frome suprising places, or persons. You'll be more surprised, though, from where the healing comes.

- The ways into the cave are legion. The ways out are suprisingly few.

- There is only one way to win at the game of "Global Thermonucleur War." The only way to win is not to play. That lesson applies to a lot of things, not just video games. (5 points to the geek that gets that reference.)

- And repeating myself from July:

"Some dreams you hold onto and work out quickly. Some dreams need to get deferred for a time to the future. ("God's delays are not God's denial.") And some dreams may never get attained because of forces outside your control, so you let go of them to pursue the one's that can be achieved.

I think that some part of wisdom, and the pain of life lessons, is learning this distinction and making choices so you can live life without regrets (or as close to that as possible.)"


There are probably more, but that's enough for now.

2 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"War Games" guess i am a geek mom!!!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Madame D said...

WAR GAMES! With Matthew Broderick.
Heh.
Geeks Rule!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home