Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My New Guitar

Hi All!

So today I figured I'd go with a light hearted topic. Just wanted to rave and show off my new guitar. I got it for a steal on eBay and I am selling one of my other guitars to cover the cost. The guitar is a Hamer Standard, and it is pretty much the same as the ones that Tom Dumont of No Doubt plays. Well, except that it's made in Korea and not the U.S. And it has Hamer made pickups instead of Seymour Duncans. AND that it's made of alder and not mahogany. . . .

Anyway, it LOOKS and SOUNDS like that one that Tom plays, and that's what matters for a tribute band. I'll probably swap out the pickups for real Seymour Duncans and I am thinking about having Jay's friend, who painted his bass drum head, paint our Excuse Me Symbol on the big wing. (Look back at pics from our B.B. King's gig.) I am also toying with checkerboarding the pickguard.

Here are some pics from a Nov. 18th gig in Hoboken. I had a wicked sore throat and was in intense pain through out the gig. (I probably had strep, but stupid me didn't make it to the doctor's.) I think in one of the pictures you can see the bag of cough drops by the amp.


Oh yeah, we're rocking now! (P.S. Thanks Mom for the the guitar strap!!)


I am looking at my cousin, his girlfriend, and their friends as they drunkenly shout out my name.



No, that isn't a wedding band on my left hand. It's a guitar slide/ring that I use during the solo of "Sunday Morning."



Thanks Dad for the strong cheekbones and jaw-line.



You can see the exhaustion in my eyes. I really was too sick to play this gig. See the bag of cough drops?

3 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim,
The pics are not showing up for me can you email them to me?
-Kelly

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Spider said...

Is it just me, or does my left hand look really big in that first picture? Like a mutantly long hand big.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Madame D said...

It's not just you. Makes me think of Dark City and the tall men...
Hooray for you, performing sick! I get anything and I'm like a baby...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home