Sunday, March 06, 2005

Two Poems From Long Ago

I was going through old journals and found these two poems. I wrote them from a stream of conciousness, so I am not sure of their meaning. Hope you enjoy.

Drawing concentric circles in fields
With stones and wooden images
To let them know where we stand
As if the gods can’t tell the difference
and know who can pass through.
The shadowgates to where time changes
from lines to circles
Rising up, through moments, memories
of future history as told through
ancient female eyes.
Can you see the thrust of (em)passioned life
pushing up like blades of grass through
cracks of man’s permanent pavement
punctured by mother nature’s retort.
Our buildings undone by our arrogance,
Structures, built upon crosses, fragmented by the weight
of their ineffiency
Those frustrated walk away
and pass through.

The gods greet those few with smiles
for they have journeyed far
and left behind remnants of their former lives
The mist rises off the mountain with
the warming of the morning air.
and I am left here as the gods return.

The northeastern wind is cold
finds it way through the crevices
of my soul.
Can I not shed my limiting skin to travel
with ease of thought
Or am I bound here for my time?

Drawing concentric circles on my floor
lighting candles at each point.
The gods know where I stand
and join me in the dance.
She crosses the floor towards me
and we meet where man and majick mix
As the Earth touches where gods tread.

07/12/1999


From the tattered regions and empty plains
The noise rises, clanging in time
If peace were only just a reality
I could live within the cursive dream
The echoes of words not sent
Resound through caverns no bigger
than the minds that create half-truths
and fairy tales for common man
Neither the light nor the read
Can bend enough to hold their
fortunes in place. Perhaps it’s
Time for a changing of the guard.

Who can answer its call, if
Silence held the sway. Neither
the money changers nor the captains
would rise to lend their hand.
So I was sent to call a vision
to life, to awake the sleeper
So she can turn daydreams into
Something she can hold in her hands
From the empty regions and tattered plains
The sun rises, forever changing time
To make peace the only reality
And wake us for our pensive dream.

08/03/1999

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home