Saturday, February 05, 2005

Quiet Night at the New "Home"

I've been sleeping at my new apartment for a week now. Tonight is the first night, though, that I've had the chance to spend significant time here alone. The date I thought I had tonight flaked out on me, but hey, such are women. She'll probably apologize and give some bullshit reason, blah, blah, blah. The truth is that she just flaked. Guys don't do that to other guys, even straight me. A man makes a time and place to do something with another man, said meeting happens no matter what. Only something really serious like a pitbull ripping of your calf muscle is an acceptable excuse.

But I digress. The point I am writing about isn't the woman. (Had we gotten together, boy would she have something to write about in her blog!) On one level I am actually glad that we didn't get together tonight because it allowed me to get unpacked, settled and clean the kitchen. (There is still more cleaning to be done. Grrr!!)

I still have a number of boxes to go through, but I don't feel like I am in transit any more. Perhaps that is because I made the last move of stuff from the old apartment today. Sure my bike and summer clothes are still in the garage still, but everything is out of the apartment proper. I feel freed and on a path to new life. I am sure my ex-girlfriend feels the same way. (Woo-hoo! Jim's gone!!)

So I am lying on my bed with vanilla scented candles giving off a soothing aroma. I have a mug herbal tea next to me. I took some time earlier tonight to play Celtic guitar tunes. My room is warm, dry and fairly quiet. I feel safe and in a good place. For all those things, I am thankful.

1 Comments:

At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe you... are you sure the tea isn't still in the microwave??? LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home