Tuesday, January 18, 2005

A New Home

I received great news yesterday. I got accepted into one of the apartments I looked at this weekend. It is here in Astoria, somewhat near my job, and I didn’t need to sign a lease. Actually, it is a great deal. A huge room, access to a nice kitchen and bathroom, a living room for $525, utilities included. As if that wasn’t enough, free use of the washer and dryer in the house. I am going to save at least $20 and at least 5-6 hours a month with that alone.

Now I know some of you readers who are not in NYC can’t believe that I am paying that amount just for a room because that is what you pay for an apartment. But let me tell you, that is a steal up here. One bedroom apartments in Astoria start at $900. (This is not counting, of course, public housing, aka The Projects.)

It feels good to know that I have some place to go come Feb. 1. Things are getting strained between my former girlfriend and I. And I know that it is probably mostly my part. We need the time apart if we are going to salvage a friendship. And it feels good to know that I will be living with some cool roommates.

As soon as I get the zip code, I will email out my new address to everyone I can. If you don't get it, shoot me an email and I will send it to you.

My renaissance is just beginning.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home