Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy 2008! Resolutions.

The New Year starts tomorrow. Great. It will take me three months to get used to writing 2008 on things.

I don't have any real resolutions for the new year, mainly for the reason that I know they are so hard to keep. If I did have one resolution, though, it would be:

To keep myself healthy and sane in what will be one of the most stressful years of my life.

If everything goes as planned, it will be a great year. Stressful nonetheless.

In the ranking of stressors one can endure, the top five are a death in the family or close friend, a new job, moving, getting married, or getting divorced. I'm planning on three of those next year. Since I'm not married yet, I can't get divorced. (Besides, I went through something like that a couple of years ago.) And no one plans on a death in the family. Well, maybe if your family name is Soprano. ("I think I'll wack Tony this year!")

So in 2008 I'll be moving, starting new jobs, and getting married. Add to that finishing recording, mixing and releasing an EP; finishing massage therapy school and clinic; any number of gigs, and trying to get a book published by the end of next year.

Whew!! I think my stress level will be off the charts!

If you're wondering what you can do to help me maintain my sanity in 2008, it's quite simple.

DON'T DIE!!!

Since I'm already doing three of the biggest stressors, I don't need a death in my family or circle of friends. If the angel of death comes knocking on your door in 2008, tell him that it's not conducive to Spider's schedule (and yours) and for him to come back some other year. You and I both do not need his kind of stress!

Hope all of your New Year wishes come true! See you in 2008!!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger mcgibfried said...

a morbid resolution, but one i wish you much success in achieving, my friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home