Thursday, July 19, 2007

Harry Potter Book 7 Predictions

So like many geeks I am anxiously awaiting the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the final book of the series. I have mine on order from Barnes & Nobles and I expect it in Saturday’s mail. I will of course start reading it once I get my hands on it and all other things will be of second importance. I’ve already told me fiancée not to expect many words out of me Saturday night.

What sucks will all this is that I have my first weekend of classes at the Institute For Therapeutic Massage. I am extremely excited to start this program, which I will talk more about in tomorrow mornings blog post. However, having classes from 9am to 6pm on both Saturday and Sunday is seriously cutting into my reading time!!

Anyway, I wanted to on record and give my predictions of who dies and who survives before the book comes out.

Deaths I Am Betting On Happening:

Voldemort – The big bad guy. Of course, he’s going to bite it in this book. You can’t have a hero story with out the head villain being vanquished in the end. How this will happen? I am not so sure. Because if Harry does kill him by magic or by hand, it lowers Harry to Voldemort’s level. I think JK Rowling has a creative plan up her sleeve for Voldemort’s death.

Hagrid - I just keep seeing as a fighter who would do anything for Dumbledore and Harry. He will has such a big heart (and big everything else being half-giant and all) that he would sacrifice himself without a thought to save Harry, Hermione or Ron’s lives. And that brings us to . . . .

Ron Weasley - I really think he will die in Book 7. Some hacker a little while back posted spoilers and said that Hermione dies, but I think that JK Rowling gave us foreshadowing of Ron’s death all the way back in book 1, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. During the game of Wizard’s Chess, in which Ron, Hermione and Harry played at pieces on the board, Ron knowingly sacrificed himself so that Harry couldn’t continue on to challege the movie’s big bad guy, Quirrell/Voldemort. Ron is an expert at chess and will make this real life sacrifice knowingly so that Harry can have his showdown with Voldemort.

Bellatrix Lestrange - Killed by either Neville Longbottom or Luna Lovegood.

Beyond those three, everyone else is game! While I don’t think this will be a bloodbath like River Tam taking on the Reavers in Serenity, because this is marketed to kids as well, I do think the death toll will be rather high. Another member of the Weasley family will probably die as well. I’d hope it’s not both the father and the mother.

Definite Survivals:

Harry – of course

Lupin and Tonks

Hermione

Draco Malfoy – as much as I hope that Draco Malfoy gets his due, I don’t think he deserves death. I just hope that Harry or Ron beats the shit out of him. No wands, just fists.


You’ll notice one person who was pivotal in Book 6’s plot, Professor Severus Snape, the double agent. I have this feeling that he’s going to die, but I want him to live. Both sides will probably want him dead by the end of Book 7, but I think that death is too good a fate for this character. He deserves a long, pitiful life so he can reflect on his actions.

Ok, those are my official predictions. I’ll recap on Monday to see how I did.

2 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your a writer cus

forget the guitar
and that music shit

miss you
remember halloween in the "castro" district {the five hotties at the Thai resturant}

Michael

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

wow! were you off with these predictions!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home