Friday, August 24, 2007

Living as Part of The Machine

Originally written sometime late February, early March in a Chinese owned Mexican Take Out Restaurant. (Don't understand that combination, don't worry. It's a NYC thing.)

Living as part of the Machine.

As much as I'd like to think I am separate from the world, it is impossible to not be a cog in the engine that drives life forward. "To be or not to be?" really isn't a question to ask. YOU can never not be. One is, then one was. Even the second part of that statement is an illusion.

There is only Now.

"I AM" is a true statement at any moment of the Now.

I walk down 30th Ave, in Astoria. An ethnic melange walks past me. A sector of my soul screams, "I don't belong here!" But the truth is that I do belong here. I belong HERE. I am a cog in the machine. I can not not be HERE. I can not not participate.

To believe otherwise is to invite willingly insanity.

I've been learning lately to love what is. From the lessons learned, I've been coming to a place of serenity and acceptance.

In calmness, I walk down the street.
In peace, I walk through this world.
In peace, I realize that I will always have a place in this world. I can never not have a place.

What it is then becomes my choice. It is not some fate chosen by a distant deity or a roll of the cosmic dice. While there are some aspects of me I can not change, to what course I steer the ship of my soul's destiny has always been in my power to decide.

This power, this aspect of life is true and available to all. It is true for you as well. What is the Truth is true for all. If not, then it's not the Truth. There are many things out there claiming to be true, but fail this test. This doesn't.

1 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUH?

-Kelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home