Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Random Thoughts #3

1. “Inevitable” is a word. Why isn’t “evitable”? Similarly, why aren’t post office employees said to be “gruntled” when they aren’t shooting each other?

2. The Blogger spell check function doesn’t recognize the word “blog.” What is up with that? (Credit goes to Phil over at http://thertrain.blogspot.com/ for pointing that one out. Also, I’d like to promote his creation of the words blamble, blambling, and blamber. Read his post on the topic.)

3. The only gum I will chew is Trident Original Flavor. I don’t know why this has become my trademark gum, it started way back in college. Also, I really like blowing bubbles. I am almost 29, but I will walk down the street, chewing gum at the same time, and blow bubbles like a kid.

4. Have you ever been to the Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Circus? My favorite part is when they bring out that giant metal sphere and have those guys drive the motorcycles around in it. They will do vertical loops, horizontal loops and all sorts of diagonal loops inside this sphere.

When I am really bored I imagine that the inside of my skull is that metal sphere and there are motorcycles zooming around inside. Yeah, I know. . .I am a nut.

5. I was talking with a friend who is a photographer. She talked about taking pictures at a wedding. Wedding photography is a huge industry. I mentioned to my friend that there is a whole market that they are totally missing. . .the divorces. Since about half of weddings end in divorce there is so much money to be made. Think of the marketing phrases that could be used. “We were there at the beginning of your marriage, let us be there at the end.” At the wedding they take pictures of all the smiles and fun. At the divorce they can take pictures of all the name calling, frowns and bitterness. Perfect bookends to each other.

My friend said I was just wrong for that. I don’t think it is as wrong as offering your photography services for a funeral (which is another untapped market).

“Jimmy and Sally, get over near grandma for this photo.”

“But she’s dead!”

“That is ok, she never looked better. Smile!”

6. My favorite cologne to wear is Escape by Calvin Klein. I really love this scent. Number two is Very Sexy for Him by Victoria’s Secret. I can wear either scent, sniff my wrist and say to myself, “Yeah, I’d sleep with me.” Sometimes we just need that confidence boost.

7. I miss playing video games. However, I know that I would get nothing done if I had a gaming system at home.

8. Check out the site www.engrish.com for a good laugh. It is hilarious. Apparently in Japan they will use English words for design purposes without really knowing what the English words or phrases mean. This results in some really funny situations. (Thanks to Chris and Amy for referring that site to me.)

9. Finding parking in Hoboken, NJ is near impossible.

10. I watched the movie “The Big Lebowski” for the first time a few weeks ago. That movie is genius. I have watched it two more times since then and it is just as funny each time. Also, the cover of “Hotel California” that the Gipsy Kings do for the soundtrack is brilliant.

11. I still want to kill the kids above me or at least introduce sedatives to their water supply.

12. My upper eye lid is still discolored a little from the black eye I gave myself four weeks ago. What is up with that? Get back to normal will ya!

13. I wish my roommate and his girlfriend would just break up already. They are so bad for each other right now. He knows this as well. I would put money on a bet saying that she is bi-polar. That would explain so much. At the very least, it is obvious that she really doesn’t know what she wants out of life or a relationship with my roommate. This is not a judgment of her character, just an observation of what I see. She is a sweet girl deep down, but in relation to my roommate . . .well, they are like oil and fire right now.

And this is not to say that my roommate has any clue as to what he wants or that he doesn’t have his issues. Lord knows he has loads of them. Ok, he has more than just loads of issues. We’re talking buttloads! I just think they need to take a break from each other because they are causing each other so much pain. They both need time to heal, get their priorities straightened, and maybe then they can relate to each other without fighting. I hope my roommate and his girlfriend have the strength to do that.

14. I miss sweet tea. Really miss sweet tea.

15. I turn 29 in 10 days. One last year in my twenties. 29 seemed so far away when I was 17 and a senior in high school.

16. Writing this blog is really therapeutic. I am flattered that a number of you enjoy reading what I write, but I am really writing for me. The fact that some of you enjoy reading this is icing on the cake.

17. I am happy that Easter is this week. It always heralds spring in my mind. And the fact that it means that licorice jelly beans, one of my favorite candies, are available in abundance.

18. “Diary of a Mad Black Woman” is a really good movie. Go see it.

19. I try to eat either an orange or grapefruit at breakfast, particularly in the winter. I love how that taste of citrus can temporarily transport me out of cold New York into a warm day in Florida.

5 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger amelia said...

in my family, we DO take pictures with the dead relatives at funerals. everyone gathers around the coffin and simles. kind of odd i think.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie Giannetti said...

You hold on to 29 for as long as you can! For the next three months, I'm enjoying what is left of my 20s. Keep in mind you will be one of the QSAC gang invited to help me cry in my beer come the big 3-0!

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay licorice jellybeans! and some of those thoughts made me snortle out loud.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Spider said...

Ok, Anonymous who that some of my posts made you "snortle", you have to email me you identity. I just have to know who I made snortle. That is such a cool word.

Maybe I can use that as a pickup line. "Hey Baby. . .I can make you. ..snortle." *said will giving a wink* lol

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! i wish you would use that as a pickup line- sorry, i forgot that my identity is hidden on your blog! it's abby~ always snortling for you babe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home