Saturday, June 07, 2008

Heatwave, A Major and a Minor Accompliment

It's a heatwave here in the NYC Metro Area. It was mid 90's today with a similar forecast for the next 3 days. The weather people said we might get some relief Wednesday when it drops to 85. Ooooooh!!

Not complaining about the heat though. All day today, as I will be tomorrow, I've been stuck inside a darkened room giving massages in my last two days of required clinic hours at the Institute of Therapeutic Massage. Yes, I'm excited that I am finally done with massage therapy school. But damn, I really didn't want to spend this really first weekend of summer indoors!! The pool at my apartment building is free this weekend, as opposed the soon in effect $100 season pass that's normally required.

But I guess I have to be happy that I am done with massage school and the next step is to take and pass the national certification test. So I know it's a major accomplishment. (And before any of you poo-poo massage therapy school, know that my Anatomy and Physiology classes were college level in difficulty.)

The minor accomplishment today? I touched my toes in a standing stretch for the first time in like. . .years!! I've started getting back into doing power yoga for my fitness plan. (I need to lose 20 pounds by Oct. 1. I'll tell you why in a future post.) So yeah, it's something minor, but "Hello Toes!!"

Ok, off to finish laundering my sheets for tomorrow's day of massages. Just 4 more massages left!!!

1 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger each of the two said...

Shhhh, I know why...

but im not tellin'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home