Friday, June 13, 2008

Black Socks

So I was sitting outside the NY Hall of Science yesterday, in Corona Queens. I was waiting to meet up with my friend, and former roommate, who works there. It was a stunningly beautiful day. Warm, blue skies, low humidity. As I was sitting there a father walks pushing his child in a stroller. As I watch him I had this thought form in my head.

"What is it with the prevalence of Hispanic men wearing black socks with shorts?!"

I ask this as a Hispanic man and I know that my grandfather had this fashion affliction. ANd more recently, two of my Hispanic musician friends here in NYC have it. I have seen both of them on multiple occasions wear black socks with shorts and sneaker or shorts and sandals.

Didn't they, and we, learn from our grandfathers?!!! Black socks, pulled up on the calf (tight, mind you!) while wearing shorts doesn't look good!!

Ever!!!


Beyond that I really have no place making fashion comments. But I do know when the Fashion Police need to be called!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home