Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!! (Resolutions)


I realize that I have been a bad blogger the last few months of 2006. I got really busy and the commute from LI to Astoria was killing me as it sucked out my will to create. The downward cycle then just fed on itself. I would start posts, but never finish them. I have a folder on my computer with at least 10 half finished posts.

As I wrote in the Winter Solstice post, the last months of 2006 were extremely stressful. I had to move out of my apartment, get my stuff in storage, commute from Long Island (where I thankfully stayed with a great friend), and have my band break up, get back together, break up again and then finally get back together. (We’ll see how long that lasts.) I felt like I wasn’t settled and I couldn’t get much done. Thankfully, I moved into a new apartment this weekend that is twenty minutes from my job and adequately holds all my stuff. (To family and friends who want the address, I’ll email you soon.)

  • So for 2007, I resolve to change that. I’ll post with greater frequency. I can’t promise greater quality. Though, if you are reading my blog, odds are that you don’t think I write too much crap. . . .that often.


  • In acknowledgment that I have fallen out of contact with a lot of my good friends, I resolve to stay in touch more. I’ll call more, write more and definitely try to visit.


  • I resolve in 2007 to get out of my day-job as soon as I can afford to do so. The people are nice and all, but it’s served its purpose. I am intended for greater things than to be an administrative assistant.


  • To that end, I resolve to get back into shape. I know everyone and their mother makes that resolution. However, I need to do it for where I see my career going and to keep up my stage performance.


  • I resolve to get my own music recorded and out there on the net.


I think that’s it for the resolutions right now. I’m sure I’ll have more by the end of the week as I get further settled from my move.

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Artisticpixie said...

Honestly I think the New Year is about making positive changes in your life and really trying to accomplish your goals before the year is over. Hopefully you'll get to accomplish some of your goals before the year is over but then again, it's only beginning...so you have plenty of time. I like your writings, definitely straight from the heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home