Thursday, October 19, 2006

"Remember, Remember the 29th of September!"

My readers, I ask you to take 9 minutes to watch this clip from Keith Olberman. And then join with me for a moment of silence for the death of the United States of America as we know it and the Constitution.




Remember this day, September 18th, along with the 29th of September, when one of the founding principles of our Constitution, and Western Society, the writ of habeus corpus, was gutted. Remember this day when I get declared an "enemy combatant" by the Adminstration because I have spoken out against their reckless, and horrid, actions. ("Government Targets American Bloggers as Enemy Propagandists"). President Bush has said, I quote, that any one who disagrees with the War in Iraq and the way his adminstration has waged the War on Terror has "bought into the Enemy's propaganda?"

Really Dubya? That has to be about the stupidiest thing you have ever said! And I will prove it right now. Friends, you can answer along to these questions as well because you all know me.

Mr. President, how can I buy into the Enemy's propaganda when I don't speak or read a lick of Arabic?

How can I buy into the Enemy's propaganda when Al-Jazeera isn't broadcast in my city? This is besides the fact that I don't even have a TV to watch any broadcast by any station!

Mr. President, how can I buy into the Enemy's propaganda when I have never visited an Al-Queda website, nor ANY website that is related to any fundamentalist Islamic nature let alone a violent one? Also note, Mr. President that I don't visit fundamentlist Christian websites, even those that advocate violence such as the group lead by Reverend Phelps.

Mr. President, how can I buy into the Enemy's propaganda when the overwhelming majority of the media in this country just repeats the talking points put out by your adminstration? If I am exposed to anybody's propaganda, its your own, Mr. President!

I'm so American, it's ridiculous! I would never aid or abett anyone seeking to destroy my country, or The Constitution. Hence, my hatred for the current adminstration. With a bill like the one just passed, they seek to destroy America as we know it. Love of country is not synomous with love of government.

Oh, my friends, have no doubt I will be declared an "enemy combatant" and investigated by the Secret Service when they have already started questioning/interogating, without lawyers and without parental notification, 14 year olds who challenege President Bush. ("Secret Service Roughs Up 14-year Old over MySpace Page") Do you think my rants and diatribes against this adminstration have gone unnoticed?! I wouldn't doubt it if my phone line hasn't already been wiretapped. The only reason why I have not advocated for the assasination of President Bush is because it wouldn't solve the problem. It would actually make it worse because it would make Dick Cheney president, which is an evil I would not accept. And the dream of having George Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfield, Condeleeza Rice, Karl Rove and Paul Wolfowitz, among others, all killed at once is too statistically impossible so it remains a pipe dream.

Do you trust this President, or any president of any party for that matter because this is not a Republican vs Democrat or Conservative vs Liberal issue, to hold that much power? Do you trust that any president is so omniscient in their judgement of who is an enemy combatant or not?

I don't. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

And when did torture become an American value? A Christian value? A human value? I acknowledge we have had some dark times in our country's history. Remember the interment of Japanese-Americans during WWII? But I always thought that we aspired to a higher value, a higher moral code. I always believed that we wouldn't bring ourselves to the low level of those we fight against.

I guess I was wrong about America.


Yes, my friends, remember this day when I'm gone.

Remember when America died and you remained silent and did nothing.


I'm going sit here and wait for the men in black to come take me away. I'll save a place in the detention center for you. We can enjoy the waterboarding and torture together. It will be a fun and bonding experience.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Running home to Ireland not looking like such a bad idea now, eh? I agree with everything you said here. Thanks for being the voice of many!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home