Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Modern Humans, Neanderthals May Have Interbred

Ladies and Gents, this one is two easy. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. This was the Headline that I saw today.


Modern Humans, Neanderthals May Have Interbred


You can click here for the article.

Let that jokes and onliners flow, my friends!! I'll start.

"Modern humans and Neanderthals may have interbred? Well, that explains George W. Bush!"


Ok, so that was to easy and obvious. I am sure I will come up with more during the day. Please comment with your own.

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ok I see the opportunity for jokes..especially after seeing an altered pic of my editor today (the imaging dept. here at the paper took a Geico caveman and made it look like one of my editors. quite funny.) But...

It's not that far fetched. Heck I even had a professor (it was a human evolutions class,) tell me she was convinced her daughter's boyfriend, (from Spain,) was part Neanderthal.

I can see both theories...together as one that is. Saying the two species mated does not mean that every sexually mature Neanderthal mated with a sexually mature Homo Sapien. It simply happened enough, this interbreeding or each species and then of the resulting "mixed breeds" that led our species gaining evolutionary advantage over the Neanderthals. Hell maybe we Homo Sapiens started passing around std's or something and killed them all off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home