Friday, July 01, 2005

Random Blambling for July 4th

Hi All,

So I am finally all moved into the place. I slept there for the first time last night. And now, I have the joyous work of getting organized and unpacked. That'll be Saturday after I recover from the gig tonight. Again, I find myself a bit tired for coherent thoughts and ways to connect paragraphs. So I'll just do a short list of things on my mind.

1) I am happy to be in my new place. It's going to take all weekend to probably get it set up the way that I want it, but that is ok. No more hellions to wake me up at 6:30AM. I woke up this morning at 6:30 out of habit and we greeted by something I had not heard in a long time. Silence.

To those that want my new address, email me and I will send it to you. I'm not going to post it here.


2) I am so looking forward to going to the beach on Sunday morning. I need the relaxation time. And this white boy needs some sun!! Plus, seeing beautiful women bikinis is a plus. (Of course, this will be seeing woman topless at the gig tonight. However, my bandmate that some of the girls there are "rough." Ouch!)

3) Am I the only one who could give two shits about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes!?!

4) Below is my horoscope for this week from Free Will Astrology. I don't totally get it. Rob (the author), I have dreamt about the same two things for years now. Are you saying that the dream work is going to start to pay off soon?
Aries for week of June 30.

A reader wrote the following letter to Parade magazine columnist Marilyn vos Savant: "When you're asleep and dreaming about performing calorie-burning activities such as running, jumping, and flying, do you burn more calories in reality as opposed to when you're dreaming about doing something low-impact?" If you wrote me an inquiry like that, Aries, I'd say this: "Yes, definitely. In fact, what you do in your dreams this week will have at least as much impact on your waking life as anything you do in your waking life. Keep a pen and notebook by your bed so you can keep track of late-breaking developments."


5) I love MySpace.com! Two friends from my days back at Greensboro College got in touch with me today. I hadn't heard from them in years.

6) I so could use a massage. I was lying in bed, trying to fall asleep, and I was like, "Woah, my back hurts!!" I know how to do the massage myself with a tennis ball, but it is some much fun when someone else does it for you. Maybe I'll ask one of the girls at the gig tonight. ;-)

7) The Cunning Realist has written some brilliant posts lately. I love it when a true conservative sticks it to the Bush Administration over and over again.

8) I probably won't be online again until Tuesday. So I'll say bye until then. Then again, y'all shouldn't be online until then either. GO OUT!!! HAVE SOME FUN!!!

3 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Spider said...

Ok, so I am breaking my command of going out and having some fun. (Which I will be doing after this posting.)

So the two things I have dreamt about for years are music and sex. Go figure! Last nights gig at the Pussycat lounge rocked! HOWEVER, the strippers downstairs were really rough! Enough so to turn off the dreams about sex for days, maybe weeks.

Ok, off to enjoy the weekend now!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Dreams are funny things.

I had a weird dream the other night that a zombie was trying to get me. I knew it was coming, so I went in my house, which happened to be a farm house, and locked the doors and windows. Dave came in after me and didn't lock the front door behind him. So the zombie just came right in the front door. He found me in my room and bit me on my right wrist. Then he said, "Alright, bye" and left. Dave and I left in a truck, and when we came back my mom was having a cookout. There were lots of church ladies there, and my mom kept commenting on my dress. I tried and tried to tell her that my dress being too short or tight didn't matter because I'D BEEN BITTEN BY A ZOMBIE! No one would listen to me about the zombie... and then I woke up.

Wonder what that means.

My friend Rachel had a dream that a dinosaur was trying to destroy a village. She figured out that the dinosaur liked rock and roll music, so she danced with it until it forgot to attack the village.

Usually, I have dreams where some group is being persecuted and I have to save them, especially children. I am not part of that group but have some sort of tie to them. And I never succeed at keeping them away from the bad guys. Hmm...

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Spider said...

Beth,

But you don't have to worry about dreams this week since you're a Pisces and not an Aries. So you're not going to become a zombie. Though, you may want to smack Dave for leaving the door unlocked. Didn't he learn from any of the horror movies?

The Pisces horoscope said this:


"Your meditation for the week comes from Friedrich Nietzsche. "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe," he wrote. "If you try it, you will often be lonely, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." This is an ideal time for you to put this prescription into action, Pisces, because during the current grace period you have the power to own more of yourself than ever before--and without getting lonely or scared."

However, this sort of relates your dreams about fighting for those persecuted. Keep on fighting, my friend! I'm standing there next to you. (Plus, I know to lock the door so the zombies won't get in!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home