Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Spider's Personality Type/Romance Style

Are you ready, folks? This is the 1st dip into my personality. This is a long post, but you will really get into my head. . .which could be a fun trip for a lot of you. Below are the test results from Yahoo Personals. I have another set of results from another site that I will touch on in the near future.. I find personality tests highly amusing. Some I have found to be very useful in learning about myself, whether it be learning style or leadership style. Others are total bunk, like "What Sex in the City Character are You?"

The Yahoo test has your Personality Type and Romance Style. Let's look at my Personality Type, The Idealist, first. I'll give the bulk of it without comment, and then touch on the last bit. (I'll have a field day with the Romance Style.) To those that know me, whether from reading my blog or meeting me in person, do you think Yahoo got it right?

Your Personality Type: Idealist
Opening the world to new possibilities

- As an Idealist, your mission in life is to make the world a better place. You bring a unique combination of skills that make you a capable diplomat, advocate, and champion of those in need. You care about big ideas and big issues, but you're also dedicated to the lives of the people around you.
- In many ways, you're the ideal friend or co-worker. You have great empathy skills. You give sound advice, but more importantly, you know when to just listen. At work, you're a natural leader, facilitator, and energizer. You have a gift for promoting harmony and cooperation at work. In fact, few things bother you more than conflicts at work.
- Your hopes and dreams are very important to you, so you take other people's dreams seriously, too. Your friends and family know they can come to you for a booster shot of support and optimism, whether it's for pursuing their dream job or dream man or woman. Similarly, you can motivate teams and organizations to pursue more meaningful objectives.
- Most people have goals and dreams, but you're more likely than most to actually achieve them. You have a clear idea of what you want in life. You anticipate and plan around obstacles, and you're a sharp problem solver. Plus, it's pretty darn hard to discourage you.
- Idealists come in many varieties, from the academic to the applied. You have the capacity to balance both the ideas and the pragmatics. Only you know what you'll do with your many talents. Ultimately, whether you touch the world, your community, or simply your closest friends and family, it's Idealists like you that give us all the inspiration to dream and strive for something more.


What Sets You Apart?


1) You enjoy being around other people. Time spent with your friends and family energizes and strengthens you. (This is where I sometimes feel isolated in NYC and had to expand my circles of friends. Also, I have family I haven't seen in a long time and it tears me up inside.)
2) You have a sophisticated way about you. You're witty and savvy about how the world works. (Ok, I wouldn't say sophisticated, but I can be witty when I want to be.)
3) You're overly modest at times and tend to sell yourself short. (True, I guess I was being modest with my comment on #2)
4) You're poised and confident when you're out socially. (Isn't that just because I'm an Aries, and that all Aries are like that?)

Your Romance Style: ROMANTIC

You want and expect it all - a lasting connection with someone on every level -mental, emotional, sexual, and spiritual. (Hell yeah!! Because I deserve it all, damnit!!!)


- True Romantics like you are pretty rare. (Ya think!! I was the only guy on my hall in college looking for love and not ass!) You have a good imagination, (how did you know?) which allows you to visualize the type of woman you could fall in love with. You can actually see and feel the future happiness the two of you would share. You also have the patience and persistence to search for her. (When does patience and persistence become stupidity? I went 3 years without a girlfriend once, and who knows how long this stretch of singleness will last. Also, how many times can a man say "I love you" before she finally hears, and before he gets tired of saying it?. . . .and no, the answer isn't 42, Chris!!)


- When you finally meet her, the attraction can be instant and overwhelming. (Oh yeah, instant and overwhelming are understatements.) True Romantics believe in destiny(There is no such thing as coincidence!), but you're also willing to give fate a push in the right direction. If necessary, you'll even make a total fool of yourself to win her over. ("So many of us just fools for love") Romantics know that falling in love often means falling flat on your face. (I can't tell you how many times that has happened!)


- Still, if the two of you can connect, you'll have the capacity to experience the type of love most people only dream about.(A love to inspire the poets and songsmiths for generations to come? Yeah, maybe it is worth being patient and persistant for that) Specifically, your "style" of loving appears to have these common features:


1) You're most likely to fall in love with a woman who is independent by nature. (As I said in a previous post, a b.i.t.c.h.) She won't expect to merge her life with yours. Keeping separate friends, for example, will just give you more to talk about when you're together. (We are not angels each with one wing that can only fly when we are together. We are both angels, each with two wings, and we choose to fly together holding hands.)


2) Love and sexual infatuation are two very different things from your point of view. If you really love each other, you should be willing to wait a while before having sex. (Ha-ha, you said we should wait!) Sexual passion is fun, but the excitement tends to wane over time. Eventually, affection and companionship are as (if not more) important as sex. (Ok, this is true. Ideally, I'd love to wake up next to my best friend every morning. Well, and to have lots of sex with her!)


3) Both partners have to decide when they're ready to make a commitment. (SweetAmberNYC, see it's not me being chicken. It's knowing that "she" isn't ready. lol) You have to be sensitive to each other's needs. One shouldn't be kept waiting indefinitely, nor should the other feel rushed. The two of you have to agree on the level of commitment that makes sense given your feelings and how long you've been together. (You see, I like that. A relationship of equals based on mutual respect!)

Idealists in Love

Idealists are Romantics by nature. You love to be in love! You have the imagination to visualize the kind of love you want and the patience to search until you find her. (This patience thing is getting a bit annoying!!) You need someone who'll share your energy and enthusiasm for life and love. (Damn straight! She's got to be ready to take on the world, as I am.)

Well, I hope you enjoyed that fun-filled trip and analysis of me by Yahoo Personals. Some good stuff there, some bullshit, but fun nonetheless. Thanks for coming along for the ride with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home