Wednesday, October 19, 2005

From the Files of "I Wouldn't Believe It If I Hadn't Read It Myself"

Hello Netizens!

Today's post will be short because I have to share a website for you all.

www.walken2008.com

Yes, my friends, Christopher Walken is seriously considering running for President in 2008! My first reaction was, "No way!" Then my second reaction was, "How cool would that be!"

Walken's vocal delivery is classic. The State of the Union addresses would be so entertaining to watch. And I mean entertaining in a different way than watching Dubya skewer the English language.

So I read his biography and find two interesting facts. One, he is from Astoria, Queens. I lived in Astoria for 2.5 years and I still work here. It's a good town. And two, more importantly, he and I share the same birthday, March 31st! He's got my vote!

In all serious folks, so far he does have a good and reasonable platform. (You can read it here: http://www.walken2008.com/platform.pdf ) Though, anything after the Bush Regime, *cough*, I mean, Adminstration would seem reasonable.


BUT. . . .this turns out all to be a cool and elborate internet hoax. Just Google "Walken for president" and you will see the above site followed by a number of articles showing that is not for real. Just a joke that a couple of people came up with. Damn, I so would have voted for him!!

So yeah, Christopher Walken would have been a better president than George W. Bush. (Not that this is a herculean task. You and I could be better presidents that Dubya) He would have danced in the Oval Office to Fatboy Slim. That would have been cool!

1 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger Madame D said...

Yes! A little Fatboy Slim and flying around the Oval Office?
He's so got my vote.
Mainly since I can't run yet.
Damn that age limit!
Maybe I'll ask if I can run Health and Human Services.
I'd totally be rocking that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home