Thursday, July 21, 2005

Things that Rocked This Wednesday!

So I had a really good day yestiday. When those happen I have to take a moment to give thanks. Here are some of the things that make it a great day.


1. My friend had called me last Saturday and said that he had an extra ticket to see a taping of The Daily Show with John Stewart for Wednesday (yestiday), would I like to go? Hell yeah!! That show is funny as shit and Jon Stewart is a genius.

We waited outside for about two hours and then waited again inside for about 40 minutes. It was awesome to be in the audience and see how a show is produced. And The Daily Show is just as fun in person as it is on TV.

2. I finished Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince yestiday right before the show. I would have finished it over the weekend, but the long drive back to NYC cut into my reading time. (Well, that and staying up until 8 am and other things.) Really good, loved the twist at the end. AND, Stephanie D., I was right about who Hermione ends up with!!! (But you win on the Cave thing.) I just hate that I finished it before the show because it left me with nothing to read on the subway ride home. That and we will have to wait two years for the final installment.

3. Had a really good conversation with a new friend regarding the seven psychological defense mechanisms. Very enlightening. Don't have much more to say about that topic. Just I like learning new things.

4. Had a really good Instant Message conversation with a friend in NC. We were joking a little and she said she would have no problem with me dating her daugther. (The daughter is 21.) I laughed because the moms always love me. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard, "Spider, I wish my daughter rather than the asshole she is dating." or "Jim, I'd love it if you were to become my son-in-law one day". . .well, I'd have a lot of dollars. At least enough to go to the movies a few times here in NYC.

However, Mom(s), I'm not the asshole and that's why I can't get your daughter(s) to go out with me. But that's ok, my mom would kill me if she found out I was an asshole to a lady. And then my sisters would dig up my body and kick my ass again. And then there are my female cousins who would have a round with me.

5. Eating ice cream at the end of a very hot, humid summer day is the perfect way to end it. (Ok, not the perfect way in my book, but damn near up there.)

(P.S. "yestiday" is the way I spell yesterday to make it sound like I say it with my New York accent. Tesser always picks on me when I say words like that and "restida.")

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo. Let's talk Harry Potter. For those reading I am revealing the ending so don't read on unless you want to know or already know. What is your take on the ending? I talked with my sister and I had 2 possibilities and she had 1 which was also 1 of mine. Here they are starting with the one she and I shared:
1) Dumbledore knew he was going to die so he told Snape to kill him so he wouldn't blow his cover.

2) Dumbledore isn't dead. When he and Harry Potter went to the cave, Dumbledore had already been there and gotten the necklace. When he drank that liquid, it was something he needed to do, not to get the necklace, but to protect him later on. Now, Snape already knew Dumbledore had gone with Potter and that he drank the liquid. So, as was planned, Snape came out and used that curse on Dumbledore knowing the liquid would protect him. (just like Dumbledore said, anyone who got past Voldemort's defenses he would want alive to question. So I believe that liquid would also prevent a wizard from killing himself in the cave before he could be questioned) Now, everyone saw Dumbledore "die" and now they believe him dead. Voldemort, who only ever feared Dumbledore, believes him dead and will now move more openly. Snape is obviously still good since he was trying to teach Potter when he was being chased by Potter. He kept saying that until Harry learned to close his mind, he had no chance. Snape could have killed him easily.

I of course believe the second option. It will probably turn out that he is dead, but I am still in denial. LOVED the book though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home