Monday, July 18, 2005

Reflections from Time Off

1) The Outer Banks of North Carolina are beautiful. Plain and simply, beautiful. The four days I spent there were so relaxing and fun. I smiled pretty much constantly the entire time there.


2) Sleep still escapes me. . .that is what I get for sharing a hotel room with someone who snores like a wildebeest. Even my earplugs couldn't block the sound.


3) I really need to learn to relax more. I keep stress inside me. I keep a lot inside me. Hopefully, my workaholic pattern won't give me a heart attack before 35.


4) Some dreams you hold onto and work out quickly. Some dreams need to get deferred for a time to the future. ("God's delays are not God's denial.") And some dreams may never get attained because of forces outside your control, so you let go of them to pursue the one's that can be achieved.

I think that some part of wisdom, and the pain of life lessons, is learning this distinction and making choices so you can live life without regrets (or as close to that as possible.)

Or this could be all bullshit and I will change my mind about this sometime in the future. . .which I will probably do anyway.


5) My name is Jim and I suffer from "Noassatall." My dad's name is Jim and he suffers from "Noassatall." My best friend's father's name is Jim and he suffers from "Noassatall." I encountered 4 other Jim's during my trip. All of them suffered from it as well.

I wonder if this is an epidemic among Jims.


6) Words of wisdom from Tesser's brother, "Spider, life is too short to drink cheap beer!"

Well said, my friend. Well said!


7) The toast I said at the dinner my sister and I cooked Friday night:

"To best friends who have become brothers, (referring to my best friend that came over)
To sisters who have become best friends,
To best friends who have become lovers, (referring to my sister and her new boyfriend who was her best friend for years first)
May the fun and love this family have never end."


8) If I let a friend into the darkest room of my heart, would they, could they, love me still even if I can't love myself because of it?


9) Finally, never drive back to NY after only getting 3 hours sleep in 48 hours. It does not make for a fun drive. (Oh yeah, Baltimore sucks!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home