Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Continuing Proof of My Geekdom + Something Funny

So I am walking home with some new musician acquaintances that I met on the Fourth of July. We all had gathered at my professor's apartment near the United Nations school (on the east side of Manhattan) to watch the fireworks. His apartment community is right on the East River and we a had prime viewing position. I have never been that close to a fireworks show!! And this year, they were spectacular!

As we are leaving, one of the guys says, "Cool! That kid has the sword from the Thundercats!"

Without missing a beat, I say. . .


(Giving a pause so my fellow geeks can give the answer without me prompting it.)



"Oh, the Sword of Omens."

The two guys stop and look at me. I mumble something about being an uber-geek. Thankfully, they said, "Oh, you're in welcome company here." Whew!! We then started talking about all the Thundercat characters and story lines.

Yup, I'm a geek.


_________________________________________________________

We were talking in my office today about tattoos and piercings. I have a tattoo on my shoulder and I have had my nipples pierced. (I had taken them out at some point.) Well, I said that I was thinking about getting my nipples re-pierced while I was done in North Carolina next week.

My co-worker says, quite honestly, "You mean the same nipples?!"

Stunned, I replied deadpan, "No, the pair that I have on my back!"

What other nipples would I have!?!

2 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger mcgibfried said...

dude.. did you get my count down code?

i didn't see the counter up here.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Robin M said...

ha! that nipple thing made me laugh outloud. some people are so... dense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home