Wednesday, June 21, 2006

"You're Feeling Very Sleepy. . ."

Minutes, days, weeks pass and I find that life is moving at a brake neck speed. No time to pause. If I could slow it all down, like some captain whose ship’s run aground, waiting for the tide to come around. I think of so many things to write for this blog, mainly at times when I am not near a computer or pen and paper.

And sometimes, I get home and I don’t feel like spending another minute on the computer after a long day of work. It’s not that I don’t love sharing about my life and stuff, but I’m just dog tired sometimes.

To that end, meaning tiredness, I do have to share this really positive thing I’ve experience with regards to sleep. Up until sometime in my mid-twenties (or tweens if you’d like) I would sleep like the dead. Actually, my college roommate Keith once kicked me in the back of the head while climbing onto the top bunk. I was on the bottom bunk and his foot slipped as he was climbing up. I didn’t wake up and didn’t feel a thing.

But somewhere along the line, sleepless nights found me.

Recently, I got interested in taking power naps during my lunch break at work. I would some quiet music on my iPod and nap. But I woke sometimes feeling more tired than before. Then I heard about Wendi Friesen, a hypnotherapist, on the radio talking about her Power Nap cds that can make you feel like you slept hours in 20 minutes. Plus, she threw in a cd to help you get a deep sleep at night.

I figured what do I have to lose. So I got them. And I have to tell you, it really does work. I've loaded all the tracks onto my iPod so that anytime I want to take a Power Nap, I can.

I use the Power Nap between work and lessons sometimes as there is are 10 minutes and 5 minute tracks as well as the 20. It's great at night before a gig.

Also, I use the deep sleep hypnosis track at night, and I am out before the track is done!! Before i would toss and turn for a long time as I tried to quiet the dialogue of the day in my head. Now, I'm sleeping heavy and through the night again. Thank the stars I don't have a a roommate and bunkbeds anymore!


Just wanted to share that. More to share tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home